Ring an internal TPhone?

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Hi, I'm developing an app on a simple pci modem. I'm using the autoattendant sample, and what I'm trying to accomplish is to answer the call, and depending on some case, Ring the phone device connected to the second port of the modem, but I cant find a "ring" functionality in the api..

I think I can access the phone device using the Address.Phones[0], but the TPhone class dont seem to have a "ring" function?

Thanks from now,

Emre
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Hi Emre,

I'm not aware of any capability in TAPI to cause the ringer to play; I've never even seen a proprietary API to do that without generating a call (i.e. dial the line from another station to force it to ring). You will need to look to your manufacturer and see if they have some mechanism to do that, and if they do, whether they expose it to TAPI via some device specific API.

Best Regards!

Mark Smith

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 4:55 AM, kkbrs wrote:

Hi, I'm developing an app on a simple pci modem. I'm using the autoattendant sample, and what I'm trying to accomplish is to answer the call, and depending on some case, Ring the phone device connected to the second port of the modem, but I cant find a "ring" functionality in the api..

I think I can access the phone device using the Address.Phones[0], but the TPhone class dont seem to have a "ring" function?

Thanks from now,

Emre

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (itapi3@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email itapi3@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 1, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Hi, thank you for the reply!
The only reason I thought there is such a functionality is by this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms736701(v=vs.85).aspx
which i think is a documentation for microsoft tapi 2.2..

The reason i was trying to ring the phone is because I answer the call that comes to the modem thru the app, and depending on users input (digit), i want the other phone to ring in order for the operator to pick it up... but i guess there's no way to accomplish this without forwarding or transfer (which the modem doesnt support) ?
Mar 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Mar 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Coordinator
Mar 1, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Yes, there was an API defined, but I'm not aware of any provider that implemented it. In their defense, most h/w is incapable of ringing the line without a signal so this would only be possible on high-end PBX or ACD systems which have an intelligent server running them and very few manufacturers developed 3rd party solutions with TAPI. Keep in mind, almost 90% of TAPI is optional - meaning for most it's not there. Unimodem (the modem driver) implements only the basics: MakeCall, Answer, Drop.

Sorry,
mark

On Friday, March 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM, kkbrs wrote:

Hi, thank you for the reply!
The only reason I thought there is such a functionality is by this link:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms736701(v=vs.85).aspx
which i think is a documentation for microsoft tapi 2.2..

The reason i was trying to ring the phone is because I answer the call that comes to the modem thru the app, and depending on users input (digit), i want the other phone to ring in order for the operator to pick it up... but i guess there's no way to accomplish this without forwarding or transfer (which the modem doesnt support) ?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (itapi3@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email itapi3@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com