Working on Windows 7 X32?

Sep 14, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Is this wrapper working on Windows 7 X32? I have downloaded samples, ran AutoAttendant, but can't hear .wav file, though playback terminal doesn't throw any exception and shows it is working and IN_USE. MyTrace.txt doesn't reveal any error either. I am using a Manhattan PCI 56k V92 modem (based on a Conexant chipset).

Does anyone have any solution to this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM

This wrapper does not seem to work on Windows 7. Tested samples and they work on Windows Xp, but playback terminal does not work on Windows 7

Coordinator
Sep 18, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I've heard mixed results for this.. some people have no trouble and others can't seem to get it to work.

The wrapper was originally built for Windows 2000/XP and TAPI 3.0. I'd recommend you download the source code and rebuild it for Windows 7 as it was never tested with that version in mind. While I'm not aware of any specific changes in Windows 7 (or Windows 8) which affect TAPI, it's very possible that something has changed in the API. A recompile would be a good test to see. Make sure to let everyone know your results!

Good luck!
ms

This wrapper does not seem to work on Windows 7. Tested samples and they work on Windows Xp, but playback terminal does not work on Windows 7

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:38 AM

Recompile seems to work

Compiling...
ITapi3.cpp
Compiling manifest to resources...
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Linking...
Embedding manifest...
Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
Generating XML documentation...
".\Debugitapi3.xdc" : warning XDC0006 : file(s) not found
Build log was saved at ...
ITapi3 - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)

I will test it and post results.Thx for the advice
Sep 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Still audio playback doesn't work. But, while searching the internet, i've stumbled on to this:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/9d53ad3d-7289-4893-9a1e-870c9b63fbbb

So, people with audio playback issues( and have everything else working), this is the cause: Conexant chipsets on the modem are incompatible with Windows Vista/7 or anything else beyond Windows 2000/XP

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Good to know - thanks! I never used modems with TAPI, always targeted PBX/ACD equipment.

ms

Still audio playback doesn't work. But, while searching the internet, i've stumbled on to this:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprohardware/thread/9d53ad3d-7289-4893-9a1e-870c9b63fbbb

So, people with audio playback issues( and have everything else working), this is the cause: Conexant chipsets on the modem are incompatible with Windows Vista/7 or anything else beyond Windows 2000/XP

Aug 9, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Hi KlaidiuX
I am having the same issue - I had written some software to use TAPI3 on Windows XP which worked fine with my Netcomm CD2003 serial port modem.
I have just installed on Windows 7 32 bit and noticed that FileTerminal/audio playback or recording does not work. Neither does the AutoAssistant sample.

Did you discover a solution?

Kind regards