No Call Appearance Avialable

Jan 27, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I have searched for this several times and found half answers at best.  

Here is the situation. I am writing an application that in all essence is "war dialer".  So I start several calls (I have approximately 16 connected devices for dialing out and I start 1 per device).  The first 2 or 3 calls go fine, Call, Connect (if answer), disconnect immediately.  These steps repeat whenever there is a free Address.  The problem I have is that after 3 or 4 dials one of the modems dials out disconnects within about 10 seconds and then causes that address to report a "no call appearance available" error message when the application attempts to call the connect method using that address.

I have seen that it is typically caused by not releasing all the objects related to a call but what am I missing? I am closing the address, disposing of the call....

I don't think I can do the shutdown, initialize between each call since that would effect 2 things. 1. The timing (I would have to wait for each of the 16 calls to finish before starting another bank of 16). 2. I have another application that is accepting incoming calls (on another bank of modems) that cannot be affected by what I do in this app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 1:14 PM

Try setting the TTapi.AutoDestroyCalls flag to true - this will dispose each call when they disconnect. Without that, you are responsible for disposing the calls when you are finished with them.