Audio problems

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Hi,

i was trying the outgoing/incoming sample applications. I could make or answer a call and everything seemed to be working except there was no audio data. Is audio data not implemented in the samples or in the library? If not can you give me some pointers how to go about it.

Kind regards,
Istvan
Jul 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM
Audio requires special support from the driver in the form of a Media Service Provider (MSP). If that is not available then you will not get audio.

mark

Mark Smith

[email removed] | @marksm | 214-774-4749 | www.julmar.com/blog/mark

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Thanks for your quick reply.

I have another question though. How can I check if the Media Service Provider is available on my computer? If there is none, how can I install it?

Istvan
Jul 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM
It comes with the TSP driver itself, I'm not sure how to check for it - I never really did much with audio or TAPI 3.0 which is what you are using; perhaps someone else knows. Or you can check MSDN - look for TAPI 3.0 and Media Service Provider.

mark

Mark Smith

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM
The TSP driver was installed through Cisco TAPI 64-bit Client (CiscoTSPx64.exe) which has an integrated TAPI Media Driver. Could this be the Media Service Provider?

Also want to doublecheck: should I get audio through the outgoing/ingoing sample applications that can be downloaded from the Downloads section?

Istvan
Jul 25, 2013 at 3:50 PM
That sounds like it. I don't recall if that sample did audio or not. Check out this sample for an example - keep in mind that the ITAPI code just follows the TAPI 3.1 COM interfaces - so most of the samples available out there are C++ which you would need to port.

mark

Mark Smith

Jul 26, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I checked out the link you gave, tried it out and ran into some trouble. Keep getting null for the playbackTerminal as the result of the curCall.RequestTerminal function call. Do you have any idea why this happens? Do I need to make any special settings on the device I'm using (CTI Port) for this to work?

Istvan
Jul 26, 2013 at 2:04 PM
That typically implies the device doesn't support it. You will need to check with Cisco to see if they support the full interface - looking at their doc it looks like they do media with their own implementation and don't use TAPI at all (i.e. it's custom). I'd recommend getting a copy of their SDK docs and reading through it.

mark

Mark Smith